All you need to know.
1. Took first clay class at the Dougherty Art Center in Austin for 40th birthday. After a fire cancelled classes, went to the Southwest School of Art (then the Southwest Craft Center) in San Antonio to feed addiction and to learn lots more.
2. Figured out that functional clay is fabulous but not in my vocabulary. Started making houses which morphed from simple hand built boxes.
3. Best description of work - "Bleakly whimsical."
4. Aspirations - Carl Block's way with words.
5. Frequently asked questions - sometimes true answers
What's it made of? Is it metal? It's clay.
Where's Dripping Springs? Southeast of Lubbock, west of Houston north of San Antonio, southwest of Austin.
What's your inspiration? Aldo Rossi, Hans Coper, Plains Indians, beaver dams, termite hills.
Do you have a website? No. That's what galleries do.
Can I come by to see your studio? No.
E-Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact me at: Mary Fischer, 601 Harmon Hills Rd., Dripping Springs, TX 78620 / 512.858.4781